Monday, November 10, 2008

Only 2 Days Left!

You only have 2 more days to get your application submitted to be considered to fill Ruston's mayoral vacancy. It appears setting a deadline has helped motivate folks to toss their name in the ring. Here are the applicants as of this afternoon:
  • Wayne Stebner: current council member
  • Bryan Ficiala: current planning commission member
  • Kim Wheeler: former mayor
  • Bruce Hopkins: active community member on issues such as the Unicorn Tavern and Rust Playfield/dog park

The deadline for applications is Wednesday, November 12th. The council is scheduled to interview the applicants at their next meeting this coming Monday, November 17th.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see Connie or Bradley's name? Get with it gang! Right now Ruston is down 3-1.

Anonymous said...

I think your readers would be interested to know the areas of concern/interest of all of the candidates. You choose to list those of just one. I would hope that they all have some.

Anonymous said...

I think it’s clear all the applicants are involved. I listed what information I have on each applicant and their current involvement. It's not intended to be a comprehensive list of each one's qualifications. I hope everyone will attend the interviews and make their own judgments.