Get ready, get set, PARTY! Old-fashioned family style that is...
The Ruston - Point Defiance Business District is working on fun-filled day for kids, car lovers and all those in between. Building on the popular Cadillac LaSalle car show held in town the last few years, the district is adding tons of events for the many new families in town and anyone else who wants to come visit our quaint little town.
The fun will be centered on the grassy boulevard along Winnifred Street from N. 51st to N. 54th. One day only, the party will feature not only 50 or more classic Cadillacs, but rag-tag fun with a county fair theme.
Here are the ideas being pursued so far (subject to change):
- one day only - Saturday, August 11th from 11 am to 4 pm
- classic Cadillac LaSalle car show
- old fashioned kids races (3-legged, sack, egg/spoon, dig for coins in hay, more)
- pet costume contest
- baking contest with celebrity judges
- cupcake walk for kids
- Boy Scout pinewood derby race
- bike safety rodeo
- Tacoma Bike for an additional fun bike-related event
- wagon rides
- face painting
- vendors (special focus on antique dealers)
- traveling musicians
- food vendors