- Lynn Syler was appointed to fill the council seat vacated by Bruce Judd. The council discussed the process of filling that vacancy at the May 3rd meeting, but Holland Cohen was the only applicant at that time. The council decided at the next meeting (May 20th) to appoint Ms. Syler without interviewing or contacting both candidates; citing the fact that Syler frequently attends council meetings.
- The fire pumper truck failed in late May. Repair costs were too high, so the council approved the emergency purchase of a 'new' used rig for $76,500. Chief Torbet managed to find a truck in good working condition that fits in Ruston's small engine bay at Town Hall.
- Garbage rates increased - up to $30 for a 35-gallon can (from $25 per month).
- Ruston has created its own Emergency Management Organization, with the expertize of Firefighter Eric Cunningham.
- Rental space is officially available via professional listing agents with Neil Walter Company.
- The green space along Winnifred Street is in the process of becoming an official park.
May 3, 2014
May 20, 2014
June 3, 2014
June 17, 2014