Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ruston 21

I've been following the progress of a project in Ruston, Louisiana called Ruston 21. It's a community development project where many different segments of the community came together and dreamed big about how to improve the city and set direction on where they wanted to be in the future. The dreaming lead to specific decisions about improvement projects.

Most of those improvement projects are done now. The local news has a story on progress in the downtown core here....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish it were us.

Nick Patrick said...

I came to your site looking for Ruston, LA. I just moved there from West Monroe, LA, and went to college there at Louisiana Tech. Interesting to see another small town named Ruston.

Another interesting change to the LA version is Karl Malone's North Village Plaza. That's about 2 miles from my new house.