Thursday, April 30, 2009

Death in Ruston: Circumstances Unknown

There is a lot of police activity in the parking lot under the condo building at N. 54th and Pearl. Our Ruston police cars and other unmarked police cars there, and crime scene tape. There has been lots of people coming and going from the police department this afternoon. The Puyallup crime scene van is parked on Shirley Street.

The police have told me that a body has been found and they are investigating. I don't know yet the who, when or where. I don't know if this was someone local, what this person's age or gender was or the circumstances of the death (if this is a natural death or suspicious).

There will much more to tell. I've asked our police to call and sent an email to the chief with follow up questions. They are busy right now, but I'll have more information as it becomes available.

No comments: