Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stack Hill Hearing

I was not able to attend the meeting tonight, but from what I have gathered the planning commission voted to approve the amendment to remove the requirement for a view lot over Lot 12 with a 3 to 1 vote. Commissioners Kevin Mosier, Dick Peterson and Charles Ranes voted in favor and Bryan Ficiala voted against the approval. Mr. Ficiala mentioned after the meeting he didn't feel had been given enough time to review the materials before making a vote (see the comments to this post).

Two planning commission members who live on Commercial Street (near Stack Hill) choose to excuse themselves (Colett Judd and Cherrie Anderson). They left the meeting before the hearing began. There were not many members of the public who attended, but the majority who spoke supported removing the view corridor.

The planning commission recommendation is now passed to the council for a final vote. No more public comment will be allowed. Watch for it on an upcoming agenda soon, I'd bet. ~ Karen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, I would like to know the names of the members who voted yes.
BF

Ruston Home said...

You're right. If I'm going to mention one name, I should list them all. I've got that corrected now.

Anonymous said...

With all due respect to Brian, I talked with him after the meeting and understand his no vote. Apparently the planning commission recieved the documents just today and had to print their own copies (was it 70 pages Brian?). He felt he did not have time to read through them and feel fully informed. I do respect his need to understand what he is voting on. Can't we make sure the people making these decisions have the info at least the day before?

Yet, the presentation by Point Ruston was very clear and easy to understand....in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

When will they learn to do things the right way? It isn't any harder and a lot more enjoyable.