Ruston-Point Defiance Business District’s
Contact: Beth Torbet, District President, (253) 381-1858, email@example.com
Karen Pickett, Event Chair, (253) 228-8529, firstname.lastname@example.org
District’s Second Annual Family Fair & Cadillac LaSalle Car Show This Saturday
The Ruston-Point Defiance Business District combines good old-fashioned rag-tag family fun with car lovers strolling past beautiful vehicles of yesteryear. The day promises excitement for everyone from grandpa to the kids. In addition to the Cadillac LaSalle car show, the event includes:
· Horse-drawn wagon rides from noon until 3pm
· Face painting by JuJu Designs all day
· Old-fashioned kids games from noon until 2pm
· Baking contest ($100 first prize) at 2:30pm
· Cupcake walk with Hello Cupcakes at 1pm
· Cascade Bloodmobile Blood Drive all day
· Kids crafts by Home Depot all day
· Free fingerprint ID cards by Ruston Police all day
· Music, food, crafts, vendors and fun!
When: Saturday, August 10th from 11am until 4pm
Where: North Winnifred from North 51st to North 54th (two blocks east of Pearl Street)
The Ruston-Point Defiance Business District organized in 2006 and is the only local district that includes two different municipalities with Ruston and Tacoma working cooperatively to support local businesses on both sides of the street. Recent District projects include new historical plaques on several businesses, a new web site, two grand murals in 2012 and the Ruston Family Fair. The District just won a grant for new sculpture benches to be installed in the District later this year.
Located between Point Defiance Park and the new Point Ruston development, the area offers a great mix of shops and strong local support. New businesses are slated to open soon and additional commercial space is available. For more details please visit www.ExploreNorthPearl.com.