Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Successful Sales

Two local Ruston women held sales last weekend. Bev had a holiday bazaar at Ladies Work Out Express and Ginger Kryger's pottery studio sold soup bowls to benefit the hungry and local arts. It sounds like both events were a success:

Our vendors that were here last year said they thought it was better attended this year. We had a great time, everyone sold items, weather was great and we're looking forward to next year. ~ Bev

We had a fabulous turnout. I’m not sure how many visitors. The first two hours were really hectic; the pace slowed after that. We have collected $5500 to date. I have to do one more firing because I accidentally sold some bowls that were to have been saved for someone. That’s okay. I just received a request for another 25 bowls and another 60 are to go out to Longbranch for their Hunger Event. Many people donated money; it was so heartwarming. We will probably continue to have donations come in throughout December.

So many people from Ruston stopped by to visit, buy bowls and have some soup with us. I liked hearing “I’m your neighbor from a block away” (or two blocks, etc.). There were people from Covington, Longview, Burien, Gig Harbor, Browns Point, Federal Way, Carnation, Graham and of course Tacoma that we know of. I know that people from Lacey, Olympia , Lakewood , Steilacoom and Fox Island also participated. It’s amazing how people come together to help.

Lucy Davis and I (as well as my family) are exhausted, but totally exhilarated by the response. We do have another Ruston volunteer lined up to help make bowls next summer so we won’t have an October/November frenzy again.

Thanks to everyone and see you next year!

One Mudhen and the Mudchick
Ginger Kryger and Lucy Davis

No comments: