Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What Others Think

I find it truly odd that the appointed mayor (who quit the council) wants to hire a city manager when he is retired and available to work. Sure the mayor has a life outside the town's business. What with his resume stating all that he could do back when he was elected to council, I would think he could do all things mayoral standing on his head.

Also, the "mayors corner" blurb in the town newsletter only repeated a portion of Steve Marcotte's assessment of the Ruston financial future. Mr. Marcotte also stated that while the reserves would indeed be depleted over time, the revenue coming in from the Point Ruston project and the hated condo would also be ramping up in later years.

Much like a household, to use the mayor's analogy, we would have to tighten the budget and look at possible income sources. But, in my house, I certainly would not hire an expensive manager to handle my precious dwindling cash until I found another job. I expect I would use my own skills to manage the situation for a considerable savings.

Mr Mayor, it is time to step up and live up to your resume. Do your duty and go to work. Hiring a city manager is admitting that your experience is not up to handling two construction projects and this tiny town.

Craig Fletcher

5 comments:

Beth T said...

I couldn't of said it better. Thank you Craig!

Anonymous said...

I also agree with you Craig. One other thing to remember, Mayor steps down, Council hires a Manager and working for the Council, Mayor is appointed from the Council leaving a seat on the Council open and I would bet it will be filled by Everding, the Mayor wants to resign as Mayor and go back to the Council and where do you think we are then. Yep, right back were we are today with a 100K manager who does what the Council says or he will be gone. Food for thought.

Anonymous said...

When will this merry go round stop!

Anonymous said...

When Ruston stops.Dummy.

James Wingard said...

Yes, but if we vote all five out we can hire Michael Transue for one yankee dollar a year. Way to go guys!