Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hummmmm

I note that Jane Hunt's application for the council vacancy is for Bob Pudlo's Council Seat #1. The current vacancy is for Bob Everding's Council Seat #4. She has applied for the wrong seat. I wonder if that means her application is void?

You'll recall that Bob Pudlo resigned unexpectedly at the Dec. 3, 2007 meeting. Could it be that she was just brushing off an old letter that she had ready for this meeting? If so, how did she hear about his resignation, or any potential for application before the rest of us did?

I've emailed the questions to Jane to see if she has any answers. I'm just wondering....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dout that Bob Pudlo would have shared that information with anyone on the Council.Jane must have sent the wrong letter to the Clerk.Give her the chance to explain it.It is rather odd that they appointed Dan Albertson to that position.It is just one of many mysteries in Ruston Politics.

Carry on my wayward son.

Anonymous said...

I hope that she will talk with us. It is probably an innocent mistake. But it indicates the potential for either: 1) she knew before the general public of Pudlo's resignation (which is not unethical - rumors fly in a small town) and she was prepared to apply for the vacancy (which is more problematic since the council had not had any discussion of how they would handle the vacancy) or 2) she might not follow details as closely as she should if she is going to be in leadership.

I'm prejudiced, but I think they are legitimate questions and concerns... I do hope she is willing to respond.

Anonymous said...

The present members of the council, with the exception of Jim, are psychic. Is that still a violation of open meetings since they know what each other are thinking? I think Jane must also be in that seance group that knows what is good for us.