Saturday, January 26, 2008

Comment Touches Home

This anonymous comment was given about the reflections in the last post. It is a poignant reminder of the value of a small town . ~ Karen

I love that. You have covered it most truthfully and effectively. You could be one of the kids that played at our house on Winnifred along with my two, three of my brothers' kids and several of the neighborhood kids that we helped raise to taxpaying adulthood. I worried about all of you and how you might turn out if something bad happened but you have made me very proud to have associated with a great bunch of kids.

You had community policing. The cops knew which one of you "did it" before you got home and mom and dad took care of the problem. Some of the kids did have problems but they could always come by and get hugs and a laugh and hang out for a day or a week.

Sure I have been here nearly thirty years and watched a lot happen. Even participated in a lot of it. I didn't come here to change the world to suit me or to make a profit on property or have a view. I came here to die at home, amongst family and friends. From what I have been seeing, some of the movers and shakers have damn little of one and next to none of the other.

No comments: